Three subjects these days included in my Spring 2019 Sports Management course at Washington University in St. Louis has been:
– (1) Leadership, Innovation, and Strategy,
– (2) Stadium/Facility Dynamics, and
– (3) Site Selection for Mobile Sporting Events and League Expansion.
For a case examine of ways those issues can assist reverse a town’s wearing fortunes, appearance no in addition than the Gateway to the West to apprehend how St. Louis has shaken off dark days to reposition itself as a destination metropolis for leagues (Major League Soccer, XFL, NHL) and event rights holders (SEC, PGA of America, NCAA, U.S. Gymnastics) to host franchises and marquee carrying events.
Which in turn, boosts the infusion of traveler spending into communities, increases the brand cognizance of the community as a sports activities traveler destination, and creates a greater dynamic region for neighborhood citizens to stay while gaining access to extra amusement facilities. St. Louis has visible its wearing fortunes enhance considerably over the previous few months with numerous key “wins”, including:
– Hosting the SEC Men’s Basketball event in March 2018;
– Hosting the hundredth PGA Championship in August 2018, and doing so in record-putting style;
– Being introduced as one in all eight inaugural franchises for the XFL, beginning in February 2020;
– Being announced because of the host city for the 2020 NHL All-Star Game;
Being on the doorstep of Major League Soccer inclusion following final week’s MLS announcement that the league might extend to as a minimum 30 groups, thereby nearly assuring bids from St. Louis and Sacramento will get authorized inside the coming months;